DPRG: GP2D02 Group Buy for local members

Subject: DPRG: GP2D02 Group Buy for local members
From: Robert L. Jordan rljordan at airmail.net
Date: Fri Feb 12 16:17:15 CST 1999

- --------------D5906E01D22F56791D0BDB20

Hey Arron,

See the group buy for local members,  I announced on the DPRG list today.
The IR GP0DO2 gives distance reading 5 inch to 60 inches and works well!
We are getting them for $16.50 each.

If you are not local get a local DPRG member frind to buy some and pick them
up for you.

Regards
Robert JOrdan

Aaron Richardson wrote:

> You can buy these things individually from HVW Tech for about $35.  They
> even come with a cable made for you.
>
> Aaron Richardson
> aaron at robotics.com
>
> the coolest robot kit ever!!!
> http://www.robotics.com/arobot/
> check it out!!

<HTML>
<TT>Hey Arron,</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>See the group buy for local members,&nbsp; I announced on the DPRG
list today.</TT>
<BR><TT>The IR GP0DO2 gives distance reading 5 inch to 60 inches and works
well!</TT>
<BR><TT>We are getting them for $16.50 each.</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>If you are not local get a local DPRG member frind to buy some and
pick them up for you.</TT><TT></TT>

<P><TT>Regards</TT>
<BR><TT>Robert JOrdan</TT>

<P>Aaron Richardson wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>You can buy these things individually from HVW Tech
for about $35.&nbsp; They
<BR>even come with a cable made for you.

<P>Aaron Richardson
<BR>aaron at robotics.com

<P>the coolest robot kit ever!!!
<BR><A HREF="http://www.robotics.com/arobot/">http://www.robotics.com/arobot/</A>
<BR>check it out!!
<BR>-----Original Message-----
<BR>From: Robert L. Jordan &lt;rljordan at airmail.net>
<BR>To: dprglist at dprg.org &lt;dprglist at dprg.org>
<BR>Cc: Clay Timmons &lt;tclay at asic.sc.ti.com>; barry jordan
<BR>&lt;barry_jordan at email.msn.com>
<BR>Date: Friday, February 12, 1999 2:32 AM
<BR>Subject: DPRG: GP2D02 Group Buy for local members

<P>>Local DPRG Members,
<BR>>
<BR>>We have a club buy! I am getting up the purchase for the Sharp GP2D02
<BR>>ranger and GP2D05 distance detector.
<BR>>
<BR>>Note:
<BR>>-----
<BR>>In an hurry? Tear out the form below, on the dotted lines (:-). Complete
<BR>>the form and email JUST that part back to me with the quantity of
sensor
<BR>>you want. rljordan at airmail.net
<BR>>
<BR>>Details:
<BR>>--------
<BR>>The Sharp GP2D02 IR ranging sensor is the unit most of us will want.It
<BR>>is a complete IR ranging device smaller than the size of a small pack
of
<BR>>gum. It has 4 wires, power, ground, vin, v out.
<BR>>
<BR>>You tell it to range and about 45ms later it gives you a number somewhat
<BR>>inversly porportional to the distance. It measures about 6 to about
60
<BR>>inches pretty accuately. You have to use a lookup table (or build
<BR>>complex algrorythm) to translate the numbers returned in ascii to
the
<BR>>distance. Easy to use. Sample code for BS2 and 16F84 on vendor site
and
<BR>>some in booklett supplied.
<BR>>
<BR>>The vendor provides all the stuff you need (kitted). Sensor, special
<BR>>small connector with wires, 2 resistors for a voltage divider to protect
<BR>>the 3 volt max. vin pin, and a simple instruction booklet. The vendor
or
<BR>>the club will be paying the shipping to Dallas area!
<BR>>
<BR>>The GP2D05 IR distance detector sensor reads 6 inches to 60 inches
but
<BR>>returns a one bit (high) value when it sees the distance you have
set it
<BR>>for with the SOC pot on the rear of the device. Pretty good for eye(s)
<BR>>in the back of your robots head.
<BR>>
<BR>>The Buy:
<BR>>--------
<BR>>All pieces will come in one box and be divided and distributed. Due
<BR>>the major headaches of distribution I am limiting this to local, see
you
<BR>>at the meeting, DPRG members. If you are out of town get a local friend
<BR>>to buy several and settle up with them.
<BR>>
<BR>>If all goes well we will have 45 of these by Thursday or Friday Feb
18.
<BR>>I will put a notice on the list and be handing them out at the robot
<BR>>lunch and next meeting. Perhaps a special meet at the mall one day
also.
<BR>>
<BR>>Quantity:
<BR>>---------
<BR>>We have to commit to quantity 50 for the price $21-$28 retail.
<BR>>We have commitments for 35 GP2D02 ranger sensor kits and 5 GP2D05
sensor
<BR>>kits
<BR>>
<BR>>Please email me as to how many you want ASAP and I will add your
<BR>>quantity to the order. The 10 extra will probably not be enough "extras"
<BR>>unless you help me up the quantity soon, so chime in, OK?!
<BR>>
<BR>>The Deal:
<BR>>---------
<BR>>The DPRG prices for the Sharp GP2D02 ranging sensor kit is $16.50.
<BR>>If you want the GP2D05 IR distance detector sensor kit it's $15.50.
<BR>>
<BR>>Vendor:
<BR>>--------
<BR>>The units we are buying are from Acroname at <A HREF="http://www.acroname.com/">http://www.acroname.com/</A>
<BR>>
<BR>>The dotted line form:
<BR>>--------------------
<BR>>
<BR>>*................................................*
<BR>>I want this info in case I need to contact you.
<BR>>(Don't like forms, have lisdexia, just send name and qty.)
<BR>>
<BR>>Name&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; _______________________
<BR>>
<BR>>Adddress&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ________________________
<BR>>
<BR>>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
________________________
<BR>>
<BR>>City&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ________________________
<BR>>
<BR>>State&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; _____ (Texas if you can't
remember)
<BR>>
<BR>>Zip&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ______
<BR>>
<BR>>Daytime phone number (&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ) _____-_________
<BR>>
<BR>>Email Address _____________________________
<BR>>(Yea! It's at the top of your email but I need it all togather )
<BR>>
<BR>>Part&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Cost&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
# you want
<BR>>----------------------------------
<BR>>GP2D02&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; $16.50&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Qty+ _________
<BR>>
<BR>>GP2D05&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; $15.50&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Qty+ _________
<BR>>
<BR>>Total&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
$ _______
<BR>>
<BR>>Payment as check to DPRG with note as ___ (number) of Sharp sensors
<BR>>
<BR>>Get the goodies at ________________________
<BR>>When&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; _______________________________
<BR>>Where you want me to give you sensors for money.
<BR>>*................................................*
<BR>>
<BR>>
<BR>>
<BR>>I will have them (hopefully) at the Robot lunch at Collin Creek mall
<BR>>Thursday 18 Feb. and at the March meeting.
<BR>>
<BR>>I will meet a group on Saturday at Tanners if needs be. I think that
<BR>>would be a good place. They close at 3:00 so make it noon. Feb 20
<BR>>
<BR>>=============================================
<BR>>Reference Info:
<BR>>---------------
<BR>>The following links are for anyone interested in information on the
<BR>>Sharp
<BR>>IR range finding sensor GP2D02, and the proximity detector GP2D05,
or
<BR>>otherwise IR-sensor related info..
<BR>>
<BR>>
<BR>><A HREF="http://wirz.com">http://wirz.com</A>
<BR>><A HREF="http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/users/r/rnbowen/tar/guide/sensors.htm">http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/users/r/rnbowen/tar/guide/sensors.htm</A>
<BR>><A HREF="http://www.xs4all.nl/~jwasys/gp2d02.html">http://www.xs4all.nl/~jwasys/gp2d02.html</A>
<BR>><A HREF="http://www.hh.se/staff/bjorn/legolinks.html">http://www.hh.se/staff/bjorn/legolinks.html</A>
<BR>><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/3656/robot.html">http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/3656/robot.html</A>
<BR>>
<BR>>Data sheets:
<BR>><A HREF="http://www.sharpsma.com/products/opto/pdf/gp2d02.pdf">http://www.sharpsma.com/products/opto/pdf/gp2d02.pdf</A>
<BR>><A HREF="http://www.sharpsma.com/products/opto/pdf/gp2d05.pdf">http://www.sharpsma.com/products/opto/pdf/gp2d05.pdf</A>
<BR>><A HREF="http://www.sharpsma.com/products/opto/pdf/gp1u58y.pdf">http://www.sharpsma.com/products/opto/pdf/gp1u58y.pdf</A>
<BR>>
<BR>>Other Sources: (no discount arranged)
<BR>>HVWTech <A HREF="http://www.hvwtech.com/">http://www.hvwtech.com/</A>
<BR>>
<BR>>
<BR>>Have fun!