DPRG: Contest pics

Subject: DPRG: Contest pics
From: David Philip Anderson dpa at io.isem.smu.edu
Date: Sun Feb 14 10:18:46 CST 1999

Howdy DPRG

Well, I guess I'll post this again, posted last week but didn't seem to get any
hits.  For reasons unclear to me, about the time I joined DPRG the newsletters
and updating of the web page came to a stop.  A request went out from Clay
for details concerning my 'bot, so I took some time off and wrote a pdf/html
document with lots of pictures and drawings.  I submitted it more than a year
ago but it seems to have disappeared into the ether.  Finally last summer I
got a request from the SRS folks for some info, so I sent it to them and
they had it up on their web site within the week.

Same thing seems to have happened to the last two contests, a source of interest
to me because I did well in a couple of entries.  I took some time over
Christmas and generated mpeg movies of the contest and jpegs of each
robot and it's builder, with an html document to tie them together.

I'd like to submit these to the DPRG web page, but I'm not certain who's
in charge right now.  Collectively it is about 50 Meg of stuff.  I currently
have them on line thru the SMU geology server, where I can leave them for
a while.  I've made a CD which I can snail-mail to the web master.  Is this of
interest to the group?

	http://www.geology.smu.edu/~dpa-www/dprg/dprg_01.html

you can also get to this through

	http://www.geology.smu.edu/~dpa-www/myrobots.html

which includes the aforementioned pdf and html documents.

cheers,
dpa