DPRG: contest carpet

Subject: DPRG: contest carpet
From: Danny Black dannyabc at home.com
Date: Thu Feb 18 19:41:58 CST 1999

Ed,

Have you considered orienting the carpet as shown in the diagram below?  It
would require two 9' pieces and two 17' pieces.

Note that the carpet is shifted down towards Area B so that there wouldn't
be a gap between the carpet and the course wall.

Just a suggestion, even though my robot can't distinguish colors and would
probably run just as well on concrete.

Regards,
Danny Black

                        8'
###################
                 +-------------+      ---                     #
+-------------+ #
                 |             |       |                      # |
  | #
                 |      B      |4'     |                      # |
  | # 6'
                 |             |       |                      # |
  | #
                 +-------------+       |                      #
|-------------| #
                 |             |       |
#################################
               4'|             |       |        #               |
  | #
      4'    4'   |             |       |        #               |
   +------+------+             |       |        # +------+------+
  | # 6'
   |      |                    |       |        # |      |
  | #
   |      |                    |       |        # |      |
  | #
   |      |                    |       |
#################################
 8'| C    |            T       |16'   24'       # |      |
  | #
   |      |                    |       |        # |      |
  | #
   |      |                    |       |        # |      |
  | # 6'
   |      |                    |       |        # |      |
   +------+------+             |       |        # +------+------+
  | #
                 |             |       |
#################################
               4'|             |       |                      # |
  | #
  | #
  | #
  | #