DPRG: Servo Modification Problem

Subject: DPRG: Servo Modification Problem
From: Timothy Deterly timdet at san.rr.com
Date: Sun Feb 21 01:14:19 CST 1999

Hi,
	I just modified two Cirrus CS-70 servos, and have run into what seems
to be a strange problem.  I am testing it using a 555 timer circuit with
a pot to change the pulse-width.  Everything works as it should, except
for at one setting of the pulse circuit the servo takes in much more
current then it did before (from 20 mA normally to about 50 mA at this
one spot). The servo does this at about half throttle and only going in
one direction. It also make much more noise at this one setting.  And
right below and above that spot everything is good.  I know the problem
doesn't have anything to do with the test circuit because it looks fine
on a scope.  Do you have any idea what could be wrong?  What can I do to
fix the problem?

Thanks a lot,
Timothy Deterly
timdet at san.rr.com