DPRG: Incompetent software

Subject: DPRG: Incompetent software
From: Ralph Tenny rten at polaris.nstar.net
Date: Mon Feb 22 09:42:49 CST 1999

The printer zips right along when driven by the intended application(s) --
CircuitMaker and TraxMaker. See inserts #.

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, J. Reeves Hall wrote:

> Ralph Tenny wrote:
>
> > I have just experienced the most incompetent software I have ever
> > seen, and I have been working with and around computers since at least
> > 1972.
> >
> > I recently purchased a Lexmark 1100. I confirmed that the printer was
> > claimed to be compatible with Windows 3.1, and is claimed "up to 3.5
> > ppm" printing speed in B/W. Installation offered little problems, and
> > the hardware appears to be functioning normally.
>
> What CPU and how much memory? Printing is memory-intensive.

# Dell Latitude laptop; 25 MHz 486SX; 4 meg RAM. The document being
printed was B/W with multiple fonts. I still say 40+ minutes per page is a
bit much! Like I say, incompetent software.