DPRG: [FP] 1999 Fords use implantable microchips to startengine (fwd)

Subject: DPRG: [FP] 1999 Fords use implantable microchips to startengine (fwd)
From: J. Reeves Hall reeves at earthling.net
Date: Thu Jun 10 10:05:02 CDT 1999

Wade A Smith wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:43:52 EDT RobotRich at aol.com writes:
> >Is PATS the mark of the beast in the Bible?
>
> IMO, high probability.
>
> >Will PATS work after Y2K?
>
> probably
>
> >Will PATS work during a solar flare?
>
> probably not.  Also, they have a device that looks like a pregnant
> pancake with antenna sticking out of it.  Once a car with electronic
> ignition (a microcontroller) gets close enough, all computers on
> that vehicle die silently -- and so does your car and ditto to your
> PATS.  The pregnant pancake is simulating a very localized atomic
> blast's electromagnetic pulse.  Kills electronics dead.  Keep your
> robots away from atomic blasts!

How would one go about building such an "EMP gun"? That could be a lot
of fun to play with (not by stopping cars, of course, but one could
otherwise wreak havoc with it :)

- -Reeves

- --
In a world without fences, why do we need Gates?
Linux. Because I have better things to do than worry about Y2K.
10:01am up 11:40, 6 users, load average: 0.48, 0.66, 0.52