DPRG: GP2D02 Question

Subject: DPRG: GP2D02 Question
From: Matt Minnis mminnis at prefres.com
Date: Mon Jun 21 09:10:21 CDT 1999

I finally got my GP2D02 sensors, and I can make them work on the basic
stamp II, but I can't seem to make them work when bitbanging through a
74HC574 to drive, and reading in on a 74HC245.

What I am getting looks like a stream of 0's.  I tried playing with my
timing and made it much faster and much slower and this didn't make any
diffrence.

What I don't understand is that I would expect garbage out, not 0's.

Would this be a problem driving the odd input from the HC574 output?

Does anyone have some good links on the GP2D02?

Thanks,

Matt Minnis

Preferred Resources          (314) 567-7600 phone
701 Emerson rd.              (314) 993-6699 fax
Suite 475
St. Louis, MO
63141