DPRG: RBNO Today Tuesday 6-22-99

Subject: DPRG: RBNO Today Tuesday 6-22-99
From: James, Bill w-james2 at ti.com
Date: Tue Jun 22 08:14:10 CDT 1999

Ok, I will try again and get the date right. RBNO is today, Tuesday June 22
1999.
Come on by, work on your bot, get advice, give advice, watch, talk, or just
hang out. I hoping we will see some new faces that normally can't get to
Barry's house.

Where:
724 Wedgegate Dr. Plano, TX
972.422.9851

How to get to my house, I live behind the Lowes and Walmart that are on
Spring Creek and Central. From Central and Spring Creek go west on Spring
Creek. Pass the first light on the right is Clark High School, turn left on
Eagle pass, it is across from the school. Drive south down Eagle Pass to the
stop sign, turn left on to Lookout. Follow it around the park which should
be on your right. Wedgegate will be on your left, turn left on to it, my
house is the second one on the right.

Sunday, I went out and bought some more servos for the arm. I bought one
giant one to do arm lifting. Think about the mechanics for a second. Lifting
a beer requires a lot of force. Say the beer ways 12 oz. I know they are 12
fluid oz, but this is for demonstration purposes. The torque to lift it if
it is 1" away is not much 12oz inches. But, it is 12 inches away from the
fulcrum, so it takes 12oz * 12in= 144 in oz. Quite a bit more. The servo
that I bought, can handle that and quite a bit more, It is also quite big.
The shaft is a different size too. But I am going to use linkages on this,
so don't need to use pulleys and belts. When I connected the motor to
Robert's servo tester, it just sucked out all the power, and wouldn't run.
Hmmmm, lots of amps. Well, come by tonight and see it or maybe in July.

Bill James
w-james2 at ti.com
Single Supply OpAmps
Precision Analog             Texas Instruments
work 972.480.2306          972.598.6201 pager

Have Spacesuit will travel------Polymath in Training