DPRG: RBNO Today Tuesday 6-22-99

Subject: DPRG: RBNO Today Tuesday 6-22-99
From: Jeff Koenig c00282552 at airmail.net
Date: Tue Jun 22 23:29:26 CDT 1999

<snip>
>a beer requires a lot of force. Say the beer ways 12 oz. I know they are 12
>fluid oz, but this is for demonstration purposes.

>Bill James

A couple of years ago, some beer company had a TV commercial for a bottle
called
"The Pounder", because it contained 16 fluid ounces of cold, foamy goodness.

When I saw this for the first time, I nearly spat out whatever I was
drinking, and then
loundly announced to my largely unscientific audience how amazingly ignorant
a statement
that was, because a fluid ounce and an ounce of force are not the same
thing.

The next time our group assembled, someone had brought over some of
"The Pounders", and we weighed one of them.

You guessed it - very close to 1 lb.  Boy, was my face red.

Regards,

Jeff