DPRG: sunlight test data

Subject: DPRG: sunlight test data
From: Robert Singleton slugmusk at alias.flash.net
Date: Thu Mar 4 19:22:13 CST 1999

David Philip Anderson wrote:

> I rebuilt my test jig and ran some perhaps more careful experiments.

Well done!

Your summary is exemplary, as well. :)

It also helps verify that often, you just can't beat a good set of
empirical data!

As an aside, I was pleased to see that CdS cells are indeed sensitive to
UV, at least to the degree that a UV filter cut 50-75% of the reading
compared to unfiltered tests, leading credence to the notion that the
use of an ultraviolet bandpass filter might let a CdS cell serve as an
inexpensive flame detector or verifier.

> In the meantime I've seen and heard nothing yet to convince me that
> this isn't just another urban myth, with no real grounding in fact.

Introducing the new Elvis Laser Stolen Kidney Pointer Refund Good Times
Letter, now with Retsyn!  Your mileage may vary....

Robert Singleton