DPRG: Re: Robotics Project

Subject: DPRG: Re: Robotics Project
From: Alan Bredon abredon at imagin.net
Date: Fri Mar 5 11:27:38 CST 1999

> >Again, I would like to thank you in advance for any help you can
> >provide.
> >
> >From:  Michael A. Miranda

I have a robot that follows the owner around using ultrasonics.

The robot has 2 microphones (ultrasonic) one on each shoulder pointing
up and slightly forward.  The owner has a handheld ultrasonic
transmitter that transmits a continuous train of ultrasonic bursts.  The
robot turns off the drive motor that is on the side of the microphone
that has the highest output.  When both mics are balanced then the
course is correct and both motors are on.  Since the mics face somewhat
forward, the front to back error is compensated.

- --   _  _     Regards, Alan Bredon
    / || \
   /  ||  \   My views & opinions do not represent my employer.
  /. .||. .\  "PC means Personal Computer, Political Correctness
 /-|-||||-|-\            will not be tolerated."
  _|_|__|_|_  http://www.imagin.net/~abredon/robot.htm