DPRG: Re: Your Contest and the Dallas Morning News

Subject: DPRG: Re: Your Contest and the Dallas Morning News
From: Jim Brown jbrown at cyberramp.net
Date: Fri Mar 5 18:09:18 CST 1999

At 11:25 AM 3/5/99 -0600, you wrote:
>	I'm going to do a story about robotics for the Personal Tech section and
>I'm considering coming by this weekend with a photog.
>	Can you give me directions, times, etc.
>	Thanks.
>	Doug Bedell
>
>        ********************************************************
>        Doug Bedell, staff writer
>        Dallas Morning News Person at l Technology
>        mailto:dbedell at dallasnews.com
>        VOICE -- 972-857-6460 ... 214-977-8041
>        FAX -- 972-857-6461
>        ********************************************************

We meet at Bill Priest Institute just south of Dallas on
Corinth Street.  The meeting starts at 12pm on March 6th.
The contest will likely run for about 3 hours.  Parking is
free, and once you enter BPI, look for the posted signs that direct
you to the Robotics meeting room.

Here's the directions as found on BPI's web site:
http://www.dcccd.edu/bjp/index.htm

Directions From the North (Southbound on I-35 Stemmons Freeway)

Just prior to the mixmaster, I-35 forks into I-30 East on the left side and
Lamar Street on the
right side. Take the Lamar exit south (across from Downtown Dallas). Turn
left on Corinth
Street . The Institute will be one block down Corinth on the right.

>From the North (southbound on Highway 75 Central Expressway)

As you approach downtown Dallas, remain on Central Expressway until you see
the I-30 West
Exit. Take the I-30 West Exit and remain on the service road. Be prepared
for an immediate
right exit at the Ervay/St. Paul Exit. There will be a brown Old City Park
sign there. Immediately
after exiting, turn left at the first light on St. Paul.  St. Paul will
merge with Ervay after one block.
Take Ervay about 5 blocks south to Corinth Street. Turn right on Corinth
and go West two
blocks on Corinth. The Institute will be on the left.

>From the South   (Northbound on I-35 Stemmons Freeway)

Take the I-30 East exit. Go to the Lamar exit. After taking the Lamar exit,
turn left on Lamar
and go South to Corinth. Turn left on Corinth and go one block. The
Institute will be on the right.
>From the East (westbound on I-30 R.L. Thornton Freeway) As you approach
downtown
Dallas, take the Ervay exit which is on the left side of the Freeway.
Immediately after exiting, turn
left at the first light on St. Paul. St. Paul will merge with Ervay after
one block.  Take Ervay
about five blocks south to Corinth. Turn right on Corinth. The Institute
will be on the right. From
the West (eastbound on I-30 R.L. Thornton Freeway) Take the Lamar Street
exit. Turn left on
Lamar and go to Corinth. Turn left on Corinth and go one block. The
Institute will be on the
right.

Parking

All parking at the Bill Priest Institute is free. Limited outdoor parking
is available in the front of
the building. You may enter the black iron gate and park in any available
space. Or you may
choose to use the parking garage located on the West side of the building
(Gould Street). If the
entrance gate is down on the garage, push the button and ask the security
guard to let you in.
Visitors are encouraged to park on the upper two levels. Parking for
physically challenged
individuals is available outside the building and inside the parking garage.

Go to the diagram to see the inside of BJP.

Back to the BJP Main Page

    \/\_\@  ____    /  /\ __  ___          ___    http://www.dprg.org
    / / /\ / / /\  /--/ //\_\/\_/\ /\/\/\ /\_/\  jbrown at cyberramp.net
\__\/  \/ \/\/\/  \__\/ \/  \__\/ \_\_\/ \/ \/ jim.brown at usa.alcatel.com