DPRG: Sonar users: share your ideas!

Subject: DPRG: Sonar users: share your ideas!
From: Dave Everett deverett at idx.com.au
Date: Mon Mar 8 16:43:48 CST 1999

At 09:23 08-03-99 -0600, you wrote:
>So, here's the deal: Have any of you sonar users noticed apparent loss of
>sensitivity or accuracy in scanning hard surfaces like kitchen cabinets as
>opposed to softer surfaces like our styrofoam walls?

Styrofoam is difficult to detect since it tends to absorb high frequencies,
just tap it with a screwdriver to get the idea, then tap a piece of wood.

I would recommend building walls out of something harder to better simulate
the real world (no offence meant to those who live in styrofoam houses).

Dave Everett

Domestic Droids Website
http://members.xoom.com/Mowbot/