DPRG: Sonar users: share your ideas!

Subject: DPRG: Sonar users: share your ideas!
From: Roger Arrick rarrick at ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon Mar 8 17:07:33 CST 1999

I think yall are right, if the walls are only 12" tall,
then more than half of Trilobot's sonar energy is being
lost.  Maybe we should be supprised it works at all!

I would think that strofoam would absorb quite a bit
of the energy - does anyone know about this?

I think the sonar cone is 15 degrees.

So, did it appear to work better or worse the closer it
got to the wall?

In the trilowander mode, the sonar is used to avoid
obsticles and it seems to work very well.

    Roger Arrick   -  mailto:roger at robotics.com