DPRG: Contest Walls

Subject: DPRG: Contest Walls
From: Ed Koffeman edk at cyberramp.net
Date: Tue Mar 9 10:16:02 CST 1999

>Is this the home insulation that already has the aluminum
>surface on one side?  (or bothsides?)
Yes. Both sides.  That is what makes it rigid.

BTW, it makes great insulation for the garage fridge when you aren't using
it for robots.

> What paint?
Not entirely sure.  I used Rustoleum flat white on my own panels.
Eric bought the paint for the contest walls last year, I think.  Probably
cheap WalMart... Eric?

>Any special prep. for the surface before painting?  Primer?
Yes.  Pizza vapour applied sparingly, DPRG member saliva spottily, essence
of duct tape, various preparatory incantations and exhalations.  No primer,
I think we just had soda.

Ed Koffeman