DPRG: IR too sensitive.

Subject: DPRG: IR too sensitive.
From: Matt Minnis mminnis at prefres.com
Date: Tue Mar 9 10:25:25 CST 1999

Have any of you had the sharp IR detectors that were way too sensitive?

I see things from 7-9" on each.  I have scotch taped the detector with I
lost count how many layers of tape.  I have the oscillator as far out of
tune as the detector will still detect, and still I have too much range.

What I am trying to achieve is a 3-4" detect so I can navigate between
objects.  The 7-9" on each side plus the with of the robot at 10" is too
wide for the required corridor.

I tried red cellophane, but that didn't seem to block any IR at all.  Does
anyone have any ideas?

What else can I do?

Thanks,

Matt Minnis

Preferred Resources          (314) 567-7600 phone
701 Emerson rd.              (314) 993-6699 fax
Suite 475
St. Louis, MO
63141