DPRG: Contest Walls

Subject: DPRG: Contest Walls
From: Saenz, Leonel R (Leonel) lsaenz at lucent.com
Date: Tue Mar 9 10:57:07 CST 1999

The texture of my walls at home is lightly spackled (very small
knowdown).  During my home tests they were always at night with a 100
watt light bulb on with an opaque diffuser in the middle of the room.
The light is incandescent as opposed to flourescent lighting at the
contest.  I expected that beige spackled walls would reflect less IR,
scatter it more than smooth white walls.  I also suspect that the height
of the walls should not be a factor since IR is horizontally polarized.