DPRG: Sonar

Subject: DPRG: Sonar
From: J. Reeves Hall reeves at earthling.net
Date: Sat Mar 13 10:50:22 CST 1999

It's now the fourth quarter at school, which means we get out at noon to
work on senior projects. Mine is a robot. I'm currently focusing on the
chassis, but in a few weeks I'll need to implement some sensors.

What's the cheapest way to add sonar to a bot? $20 or so would be great
(but I assume unlikely). 10 foot-6 inch range would be perfect. If
that's not possible I could use IR for close-range wall detection. I'll
use more than one sonar if I can, but I'll put it on a servo if that's
too expensive. I plan to interface this to a PIC16F84 (I'll probably
dedicate a PIC to sensors, separate from the main one).

Thanks!
- -Reeves

- --
In a world without fences, why do we need Gates?
Linux. Because I have better things to do than worry about Y2K.
10:01am up 17 days, 20:13, 7 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00