DPRG: Happy99

Subject: DPRG: Happy99
From: J. Reeves Hall reeves at earthling.net
Date: Sun Mar 14 01:51:04 CST 1999

Sorry, didn't realize someone had already brought it up. I was scanning
through my messages to see if I had received it.

- -Reeves

Jay Couture wrote:

> FYI
>
> >Robert L. Jordan wrote:
> >>
> >>                      Name: Happy99.exe
> >>    Happy99.exe       Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
> >>                  Encoding: x-uuencode
> >

>                  Feb. 11 - The Happy99.exe worm has spread very quickly
>                around North America, particularly Silicon Valley,
>                according to Dan Tanaka of Data Fellows Inc. ?I now
>                receive 20 or 30 copies of it every day,? he told MSNBC.
>                The worm was apparently released on Usenet, and since
>                last month there have been nearly 4,500 posts about it,
>                many from users trying to find out how to disinfect their
>                machines.
>
> I forgot to say more info is available here.
> http://beta.nai.com/public/datafiles/valerts/vinfo/w32ska.asp
> I did run this trusting this newgroup and it's users. And it did infect my
> sytem. However, if you do not restart/shutdown after you run it, then it
> hasn't had time to infect your PC yet.
>
> Later, Jay

- --
In a world without fences, why do we need Gates?
Linux. Because I have better things to do than worry about Y2K.
1:01am up 18 days, 11:13, 8 users, load average: 1.00, 1.02, 1.00