ReFwd: DPRG: Sonar circuit

Subject: ReFwd: DPRG: Sonar circuit
From: Robert L. Jordan rljordan at airmail.net
Date: Sun Mar 14 11:47:57 CST 1999

- --------------58909F8CEF520C0D2209B671

JRH,
3rd try!
1. From this URL    http://www.mech.utah.edu/~kleang/
2. Click on the picture near the bottom by the headding "Brain Activity'
3. Click on the picture "Project Minibot"
4. Then click on the underlined text "Sonar Sensor Details and Sample Code"
5. You will see the text, schematic, and parts info. Simple but effective circuit. From
his statement "The typical range of the system is from a few inches to 5-6
feet--depending upon components and tuning." my guess is that circuit "sees" a
reflection at a given (set) distance. May not actually give you range info, just "look
out something is in front of me" indication. I have not tried it. Let us know if you do.

Regards
Robert Jordan