DPRG: axles

Subject: DPRG: axles
From: J. Reeves Hall reeves at earthling.net
Date: Thu Mar 18 16:58:48 CST 1999

Problem solved. I used an X-Acto mitre box and razor saw to make a block of
wood to fit over the bushing, then used white glue and a vise grip to attach it
to the frame (is this what you mean in #3?)

Thanks!
- -Reeves

Ed Koffeman wrote:

> >brass rod with square brass bushings). The bushings stay put for a while
>
> Solder the bushings (if they are really brass) to a piece of copper or
> galvanized steel and mount it with screws.
>
> Otherwise, use a small U bolt or two for each bushing going across, and
> through the wood.
>
> Or make a clamp from wood with a cut-out the size of the bushing to clamp it
> to the chassis with screws or bolts.
>
> Ed Koffeman

- --
In a world without fences, why do we need Gates?
Linux. Because I have better things to do than worry about Y2K.
4:01pm up 23 days, 2:20, 8 users, load average: 1.00, 1.04, 1.01