DPRG: Gearmotors

Subject: DPRG: Gearmotors
From: Robert Singleton slugmusk at alias.flash.net
Date: Wed Mar 24 18:32:21 CST 1999

"J. Reeves Hall" wrote:
> Tanner Electronics has some excellent Pittman motors for $20. I think
> they have a 5:1 ratio, and they come with a shaft encoder. They're
> extremely powerful.

I have two Pittman motors that I got from Tanners. They have a 5.9/1
ratio. Under straight 12V, the chassis takes off at about 3-4 feet per
second (estimated). Way fast enough. I only hope that the LM629 does
tame it well!

Robert

- --

Robert Singleton

Robert of Slugglenn, House Mac An Ghabhann, Canton of Loch Ruadh
Kingdom of Ansteorra

slugmusk at alias.flash.net

Wicks have not seen the knot of cardboard except in memory of nails
and socks in oil upon the shelf of repressed toilet switching fish.