DPRG: Servos

Subject: DPRG: Servos
From: James, Bill w-james2 at ti.com
Date: Thu Mar 25 13:24:47 CST 1999

On the way home from robot builder lunch, I started to think about the arm
that Beerbot will hopefully have. I had seen how James was going to use
servos. Which looked cool. Now here is the question. Of the servo action
that I have seen it is always very jerky. The motors move very quickly to
the position and then stop. Is there some way to smooth out the motion. I
would like to think if Beerbot is moving beer around with his arm that it
would be smooth. We don't want to spill any beer, it would upset the beer
god.
So to repeat the question: Is there a way to slow down the motion of a servo
to make it move from position to position smoothly?

Bill James
w-james2 at ti.com
Single Supply OpAmps
Precision Analog             Texas Instruments
work 972.480.2306          972.598.6201 pager

Have Spacesuit will travel------Polymath in Training