DPRG: VIRUS, PS

Subject: DPRG: VIRUS, PS
From: J. Reeves Hall reeves at earthling.net
Date: Thu Mar 25 20:15:51 CST 1999

chaz128 at juno.com wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:24:21 -0600 (EST) Wade Maxfield
> <maxfield at one.ctelcom.net> writes:
> >
> >  You have the happy99 worm virus on your system.  Look at this web
> >page
> >find out how to remove it.
> >
> >http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/happy99.worm.html
> >

> If I did get the virus, was it by reading this e-mail and is the DPRG
> being used to
> spread it?
>                                 Charlie Y.

It is impossible to get a virus simply by reading an email. If you did get
it, it was by running an attachment named happy99.exe. That is the ONLY way
to get the worm. And no, the DPRG is not being used to spread it, any more
than any other list on the Internet. I searched my inbox and found only one
copy of happy99.exe, and I'm on over ten mailing lists.

- -Reeves

- --
In a world without fences, why do we need Gates?
Linux. Because I have better things to do than worry about Y2K.
8:01pm up 30 days, 6:20, 9 users, load average: 1.00, 1.02, 1.00