DPRG: RObot helpQ!

Subject: DPRG: RObot helpQ!
From: Robert L. Jordan rljordan at airmail.net
Date: Thu Mar 25 22:25:29 CST 1999

Robotics is a long way from academia! But most all the pieces are all taught.
I'd send my son to Devry for their 2 year very comprehensive technical degree to
get him working in industry where you really learn hands on uses. Maybe study a
polarity in any good college as well like electonics, programming, numeric
control, Industrical tech for the mechanical, or what ever his strengts are. And
don't forget the computer field.
Peter H Anderson from Maryland State college has GREAT info and getting started
cheap packages of course ware and parts. Look at this url.
    http://www.phanderson.com/
Take a look at "BASIC Stamps for About Half the Price. " That is how I started 2
years ago.
I'd suggest his "    Enhanced Starter Package for BS2 Newcomers"
        http://www.phanderson.com/stamp/enhanced_starter.html
 If you are near Plano Texas I'll show off my toys if you need to see some of
PHAnderson's stuff.
good luck
Robert JOrdan
rljordan at airmail.net