DPRG: Bees

Subject: DPRG: Bees
From: MIKE MCCARTY -- 93789 JMCCARTY at DEVEL.USA.ALCATEL.COM
Date: Mon Nov 1 11:20:57 CST 1999

My understanding is that they use the polarization of light from the
sky. Different parts of the sky have different polarization, depending
on their relationships to the position of the sun. The bees do a little
"dance" which describes where the pollen is according to the angle one
must fly in relation to the sun, and the distance, using, in effect,
polar coordinates. IIRC, it is a portion of the UV spectrum they use.

Mike
- ----
I do not speak for Alcatel. <- They make me say that.