DPRG: Computer People Humor!

Subject: DPRG: Computer People Humor!
From: ElectroDFW at cs.com ElectroDFW at cs.com
Date: Fri Nov 12 00:17:24 CST 1999

Please don't flame for this, i think we could all use a little laugh at
ourselves! :-)

1)
FIRST LAW OF COMPUTER SANITY
(FORMULATED BY VON NEUMANN)
    In a day consisting of twenty-four hours, it is desirable that any
computer should require less than twenty-four hours of maintenance.\

(the same could be said for robots! DYM)

2)
a)
Did you hear about the computer start-up in Idaho that went nowhere even
faster than most? Seems they based their hardware on a potato chip.

b)
How's this for a super-computer promise: Our machine is so fast it can
process an infinite loop in 4.8 seconds.

c)
How about the start-up group from Texas? Their selling point: in the whole
world you won't find a bigger microcomputer!

3)
a)
How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, that's a hardware problem.
(alternative answer)
Two, because one is sure to leave in the middle of the project.

b)
How many data-base people does it take to change a light bulb?

Three. One to write the light bulb removal program, one to write the light
bulb insertion program, and one to act as a light bulb administrator to make
sure nobody else tries to change the light bulb at the same time.

c)
How many technical writers does it take to change a light bulb?

Only one, but there has to be a programmer around to explain how to do it.

d)
How many UNIX hacks does it take to change a light bulb?

As many as you want, they're all virtual anyway.

Enjoy!

Electro