DPRG: First Annual Sumo Results

Subject: DPRG: First Annual Sumo Results
From: James Munro jimmn at xnet.com
Date: Tue Nov 16 15:26:34 CST 1999

We are happy to announce the results of the Central Illinois Robotics
Club's First Annual Autonmous Robot Sumo Competition.

The event was held on Sunday November 14th 1999.  We had a great turnout
for our first time hosting this event.  We had about 10 entrants with 13
competition worthy bots.  I would estimate our crowd at slightly over 100
people, which I was very excited to see.  I think we were successful in
our goal to bring robotics and robot sumo to a wider audience.

We even got a nice write-up in the local newspaper.

You can see the details of the event at http://circ.mtco.com

We have the results, some photos with more information to come as I get
photos.

All in all we had a great time.  I hope to see some DPRG members next
year! ;)

Cheers,

Jim Munro
 President - Central Illinois Robotics Club
 http://circ.mtco.com
 <jimmn at xnet.com>
 http://www.xnet.com/~robotics.html