DPRG: Science Place Meeting Saturday

Subject: DPRG: Science Place Meeting Saturday
From: Clay Timmons ctimmons at cadence.com
Date: Thu Nov 18 02:00:50 CST 1999

What:   Extra bounus meeting this month!

Why:  Just to check out the meeting facilites at Science Place.

When:  We have the room this Saturday, Nov 20th from 9:30 - 11:30am.
            Note that B.G. Micro has a moving sale this Saturday also.
            Personally I plan to be at the sale about 9am and then Science
            Place about 10am.   Anyone there before me just start without me.

Where:  The Science Place at Fair Park.   Not the main entrance but
             the ground floor entrance, to the right of the main (stairway entrance)
         .   There is supposed to be a speaker  that the guard will buzz you in when
             you say you are with DPRG.  I don't have exact directions to the room
             but it's not far 20-50  from the door down a hallway.  Just wander and
             you should find it.

Agenda:   No fixed agenda,  we will just make the meeting as productive as
               possible. Here are my thoughts.

  Future Contests

Much discussion lately on the DPRGlist about future contests.
Lets spend some time this Sat to have an open discussion
of what we should do next.

   Linx RF modules

David Anderson has offered to demo the Linx RF modules
he uses on SR04.   David can you demo it this Sat meeting?

    Videos

The meeting room has VCR with video projector built in!
Bring any cool robotics videos you have.   Danny Black
has micromouse footage.  I have some good video of
the cognachrome video system used on a bot chasing
tennis balls and even moving targets.

     Robot Testing

Bring your bot to test.   Meeting room has black carpet and
we will have the course walls to setup a partial course.

    Robotics Exhibit

If you haven't already seen it be sure to check out
the robotics exhibit at The Science Place.
Dante II, robotic basketball, race a robot,...

  Officer Nominations

It's that time again to breath new life into the club.
Lets nominate the most energetic enthusatic members
for offices in 2000.   Elections to be held at December
meeting.

See ya there,

- -Clay Timmons-