DPRG: More info on circuit

Subject: DPRG: More info on circuit
From: Alan Bredon alanb at cryogen.com
Date: Tue Nov 23 11:05:23 CST 1999

On Otto, I put the switches (in Otto's case, magnetic reed switches) in
series with 0.1 capacitors.  This differentiates the signal and
basically makes it fire once then go away.  This acts as a cheap
one-shot that signals the limit, then lets go of the signal line so
other switches on the same line can fire if need be.

If you want to operate the limits that way you state, without
supervision, then put a diode on the switch to block the power to the
motor for only one polarity.  The diode shunts the switch so the
opposite polarity can still pass.  The switch opens on activation
allowing only the opposite polarity to pass current to the motor.

I think this was what you wanted all along.  :-)

Alan Bredon