DPRG: Re:

Subject: DPRG: Re:
From: Bryan Andersen bryan at visi.com
Date: Wed Nov 24 17:41:17 CST 1999

MIKE MCCARTY -- 93789 wrote:

> What causes that? Is it the lower mobility of the charge carriers
> (holes) in P type material?

No, the amount of research done to make the parts with lower on
resistances.  The truth be told, there really souldn't be a
difference.  It's just that there is less demand for P-Channel
devices.  Ie. not as much money spent on research on them.

> )I might also add that the N-channel MOSFETs have a MUCH lower "on" resistance
> )than a comparable P-channel device thus causing the P-channel device to dissipate
> )MUCH more power and thus heat.  To buy a comparable P-channel device with lower
> )"on" resistance is what costs all of the money.
> )
> )Larry Kerns

- --
|  Bryan Andersen   |   bryan at visi.com   |   http://softail.visi.com   |
| Buzzwords are like annoying little flies that deserve to be swatted. |
|   -Bryan Andersen                                                    |