DPRG: RoboRama 99b

Subject: DPRG: RoboRama 99b
From: Dan Miner miner at centtech.com
Date: Thu Sep 2 11:30:49 CDT 1999

With everyone getting T-shirts and getting ready for the
Pepsi-Kid-Around, there hasn't been a lot of discussion about
the contest.  I figured I'd wack that hornet's nest.  :-)

What's the deal with the mystery contests?  The "Sticks I,
II, and III" contests.  Someone said these would be for
walking robots but there's no rules yet.  Maybe just have
I = Line following and II = T-time but for walking robots
only?

We should also get the date and location set for the
firefighting contest.  I will volunteer my maze for the
contest but there are 2 possible problems:
1) I don't want anyone to feel I have the "home maze" advantage.
2) I do not yet have ramps or furniture.

Perhaps the maze used at the IEEE contest could be borrowed?

FYI - I requested that RoboRama99b be added to the list of
events on www.robotmag.com (Robot Science and Technology mag.)

				- Dan