DPRG: Pepsi Kid Around People NEEDED!!!

Subject: DPRG: Pepsi Kid Around People NEEDED!!!
From: Kipton Moravec kmoravec at airmail.net
Date: Fri Sep 3 12:08:40 CDT 1999

Delynda located the original signup list and I have added Clay and Ed
where they signed up.  Everyone else was already signed up.

I still have not heard from Elliot Johnson and Laura Hall from Highland
Park HS they have a robotics club there, and were planning to
participate.

David Anderson where are you and SR04?

I need to get your names so I can get a chance to try to get all of us
Pepsi-Kid Around T Shirts!

So here it is again Let me know when you can participate!  There are
still a
lot of holes! Afternoons needed people!!!

 The hours of operation for the Pepsi Kid-Around is as follows.

 Sat, 9/4        9:30 am - 5:30 pm

 Sun, 9/5        10:00 am - 7:30 pm  - we will have a concert @ 6:30 at
which
 time everything else is shut down
 Mon, 9/6        9:30 am - 5:30 pm

 Friday, 7:00p.m. Setup.
 I think if we get two or three people to help set up the area, we
should
 be done quickly.  We need to arrange our tent, set up the course, put
up
 any signs, get the tables and chairs from the central area, and install
 our power strips.

 Three people:
 1.      Jim Brown
 2.      Bob Jordan
3. Eric Yundt
4. Ed Koffman & James

 Saturday, Shift 1 9:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
 Four people:
 1.      Jim Brown
 2.      Barry Jordan
 3.      Bill James
 4.      Bob Jordan

 Saturday, Shift 2 1:00 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
 Four People:
 1.      Eric Yundt
 2.      Clay Timmons
 3.      Alan Bredon
 4.
  Sunday, Shift 1 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
 Four People:
 1.       James Vroman
 2.       Barry Jordan
 3.       Bill James
 4.

 Sunday, Shift 2 1:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
 Four People, I would like at least two to stay for the concert and keep
 an eye on the booth while the concert is going.  You can probably do
 this while watching the concert.
 1.      Danny Black   (& Stay for concert)
 2.                              (& Stay for concert)
 3.
 4.

 Monday, Shift 1 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
 Four people:
 1.      Bill James
 2.      Danny Black
 3.
 4.

 Monday, Shift 2 1:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
 Four People:
 1.      Jim Brown
 2.      Ed Koffmann & James
 3.
 4.

 Monday, Breakdown 5:30 - 7:30
 I would like an additional three people to help us break down. After
our
 area is done, then help with the rest of the site.  It goes very
quickly.
 1.
 2.
 3.
  Robot List

 I also need a list of people who will bring their robots. You may leave
 the robot there for the demo runs when you are not there.

         Robot Name              Member Name     When will the robot be
there?
 1.      Rhino Arm               Barry Jordan    Maybe all the time.
 2.      Beer Bot                Bill James
 3.
 4.
 5.
 6.
 7.
 8.
 9.
 10.
 11.
 12
 13.
 14.
 15.
  Educational Demos

 Also we have to get things that kids can interact and learn with.  I
 will see if I can get a couple more Allegro Hall Effect demo sets where
 the LEDs light up when a magnet is brought near an IC.

 Maybe other sensor demos, like sonar, IR wall following, compass, etc.
 where the kids can interact with the sensor.

 For instance, with the IR detectors, let them move their hand closer
and
 farther to see how close they can get before the LED lights up or
better
 yet, a buzzer beeps.  You can also give them a piece of black paper, a
 piece of white paper, and a piece of shiny metal to let them see how
the  distance changes.

         Member Name                     Sensor Demo
 1.
 2.
 3.
 4.