DPRG: Tiny Basic Search

Subject: DPRG: Tiny Basic Search
From: MIKE MCCARTY -- 93789 JMCCARTY at DEVEL.USA.ALCATEL.COM
Date: Fri Sep 10 08:41:12 CDT 1999

>RUELLA MANUEL INSMR005-INS at INTESA
>09/09/99 03:47 PM
>
>Hi Jim,
>
>I am looking for references on Tiny Basic Interpreters/Compliers, in order to
>program a microcontroller, based on NEC V25.
>
>Any idea where sould I go for ???
>
>Regards, Manuel Ruella - Caracas, Venezuela

I dunno what a NEC V25 is. Anyone can elucidate?

Do you need floating point?

I have source (somewhere) for a small BASIC interpreter (the famous LLL
[Lawrence Livermore Labs]) for the 8085. Naturally, it's assembler.

It would not be difficult to write a small interpreter in C, or any
other language for that matter, if you don't need floating point.

Somewhere I've got a hand-disassembly of the 4K Z80 integer BASIC
interpreter used on the ZX80 I did many years ago.

Just straight BASIC is so simple to interpret, it's nothing to write an
interpreter.

Mike
- ----
I do not speak for Alcatel. <- They make me say that.