DPRG: Re: begiiners

Subject: DPRG: Re: begiiners
From: Jim Brown brownjim at airmail.net
Date: Wed Sep 15 21:20:17 CDT 1999

At 09:31 PM 9/15/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Great web page.
>I have an eight year old boy and we are very interested in building a
robot.
>Can any of your group give us information on amateur projects, books, etc.
>get us started.  We are in NJ, so it would be really difficult for us to get
>to your monthly meetings.  Thank you in advance for any assistance in this.
>Please reply to
>kayakbi at aol.com.

Probably the best way is to get a robotics kit to start.
You can find robotics kits at:  http://www.robotstore.com
You can find about everything robotics there.

The owi kits are great for starters.
The Lego mindstorms are probably good for any age.
Other kits become more advanced.

    \/\_\@  ____    /  /\ __  ___          ___    http://www.dprg.org
    / / /\ / / /\  /--/ //\_\/\_/\ /\/\/\ /\_/\  brownjim at airmail.net
jim_brown at bigfoot.com jbrown at dprg.org http://www.cyberramp.net/~jbrown