DPRG: detector for encoder wheel

Subject: DPRG: detector for encoder wheel
From: Robert L. Jordan rljordan at airmail.net
Date: Fri Sep 24 16:31:44 CDT 1999

Brad and list,

Here is the Eagle PCB file for the Quadratured Encoder I made to support the June
Nuts & Volts  article. Robert Nansel did not provide a PCB or source.

It is EncodeQ.brd  and is about 1.2 by 2.2 inches with connectors and holes.

The circuit works well but I have not tested it much yet. That is the next step.Seems
the design may need some fine tuning of the 10K pullup resistor on the
IR LED so both reflective QRD1114 sensors work identiclly. Just match the 10K values
of the two resistors.

2. The encoder.PS software is pretty to figure out. Just openit with a text editor in
Windows. The printer works easiest if it it a postscript printer. Ghostscript is a
free download off of the web and worked once for me on a printer I borrowed.

I can not figure how to print the encoder.ps file on my HP 1100 Laserjet. I think did
it once by accident
If you find  andy clude, let me know.

The March competetion???. Do you mean Saturday October 23, 1999 12:00 - 2:00 at the
Scinece Place?
Good luck on the robot building. Keep it up!

Regards,
Robert Jordan