DPRG: Battery Needed/ Speaker question

Subject: DPRG: Battery Needed/ Speaker question
From: James, Bill w-james2 at ti.com
Date: Wed Sep 29 09:33:36 CDT 1999

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BF0A87.A1A97F32

Beerbot needs a new bios backup battery. Jameco has one(pg 72 part# 119116),
but I don't want to spend 4 dollars and then spend 5 on shipping. Is anyone
of the Mall lunch group going to be ordering anything from them. Or does
anyone need anything from them. Or does anyone know where I can get one, I
looked around at the last first Saturday and was unable to find one.

Also question.
When you buy computer speakers and they say magnetically shielded, what are
they doing?
I would like to put a speaker in beerbot to connect to the sound card but I
don't want to erase the harddrive. What would I need to do. I may also buy
one. Sound cards expect 4 or 8 ohm speakers? Jameco has a number of small
speakers that would work. I would suppose that a small amplifier would be
needed or do you think that for what I need the amp on the soundblaster 16
is enought. If not, one of the groups in my department makes amps for
computers.

Thanks

Bill James
w-james2 at ti.com
Single Supply OpAmps
Precision Analog             Texas Instruments
work 972.480.2306          972.598.6201 pager

Have Spacesuit will travel------Polymath in Training

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BF0A87.A1A97F32

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>Battery Needed/ Speaker question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Beerbot needs a new bios backup =
battery. Jameco has one(pg 72 part# 119116), but I don't want to spend =
4 dollars and then spend 5 on shipping. Is anyone of the Mall lunch =
group going to be ordering anything from them. Or does anyone need =
anything from them. Or does anyone know where I can get one, I looked =
around at the last first Saturday and was unable to find one. =
</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Also question.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">When you buy computer speakers and =
they say magnetically shielded, what are they doing?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I would like to put a speaker in =
beerbot to connect to the sound card but I don't want to erase the =
harddrive. What would I need to do. I may also buy one. Sound cards =
expect 4 or 8 ohm speakers? Jameco has a number of small speakers that =
would work. I would suppose that a small amplifier would be needed or =
do you think that for what I need the amp on the soundblaster 16 is =
enought. If not, one of the groups in my department makes amps for =
computers. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Bill James </FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">w-james2 at ti.com</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Single Supply OpAmps</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Precision =
Analog&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp; Texas Instruments</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">work =
972.480.2306&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
972.598.6201 pager</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Have Spacesuit will =
travel------Polymath in Training</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>