DPRG: Battery Needed/ Speaker question

Subject: DPRG: Battery Needed/ Speaker question
From: Wade Maxfield maxfield at one.ctelcom.net
Date: Wed Sep 29 13:21:06 CDT 1999

   For price reasons, yes.

  The smaller the hard drive, the more it resists G forces.  If you get
notebook sized hard drives, they will survive on a mobile platform much
better than the standard 3.5" hard drives, and those survive better than
5" hard drives.

  note that if you use a 3.5" hard drive, you will suffer
greater gyroscopic effects.  as a matter of fact, a bad hard drive (bad
electronics, good motor) makes a great gyroscope.