[DPRG] Contest Course

Subject: [DPRG] Contest Course
From: Ed Koffeman edk at kinetric.com
Date: Tue Aug 15 14:20:04 CDT 2000

>                 |   |
>                 |   |            +---------
>   strapping     +-|-+            /
>   tape hinge -->  |             /+---------        _____
>                 +-|-+        +-/-+              +-/-+ +-\-+
>                 |   |        |   |              |   | |   |
>                 |   |        |   |              |   | |   |
>                 |   |        |   |              |   | |   |
>                 |   |        |   |              |   | |   |

>                straight    90 degrees         flat (180 degrees)
>

> Any ideas?
>
> If we can come up with some similar hinge arrangement for the foam board
> walls, and some kind of stiffener or support for the long wall sections,
> instead of the metal angle brackets and 2x4s all the way around, the
> rigidity of the course could be much improved, and the setup time greatly
> reduced.

This reminds me of the kid's toy that ripples pieces of wood downwards
repeatedly.

It has straps going through the gaps that go from one side to the opposite
side of the adjoining piece.  YOu can have then straight butted, or at 90 or
180 degrees apart.
We could do this quickly with two pieces of overlapped sticky-to-sticky duct
tape.  With a 1/2" or more overlap and the overlap in the gap, each piece of
tape attaches to its wall.  Every other tape joiner goes through the gap the
opposite way.

Ed Koffeman