[DPRG] Multi-robot communication

Subject: [DPRG] Multi-robot communication
From: Justin Kao kaoj at its.caltech.edu
Date: Fri Aug 25 22:17:42 CDT 2000

Are you using the Sharp IR modules? Those are pretty good, they're used in
TVs and VCRs. But I've seen the matching IR LEDs in the remote control being
driving with huge amounts of current, like on the order of 500mA. Keep in
mind that this is pulsed though, and with some pretty fancy LEDs probably.
So you might try increasing your broadcast power by using something like 8
LEDs arranged in a circle. Also, try slowing down the rate of transmission
since I think the received modules take a little time to lock on (?), and
see if you can receive signals from your TV's remote control.

Justin