[DPRG] Multi-robot communication

Subject: [DPRG] Multi-robot communication
From: James Andrew Smith -- Onnimikki jasmith at ee.ualberta.ca
Date: Mon Aug 28 13:54:34 CDT 2000

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Mike McCarty wrote:

> What I want to know is: Can they be used for ordinary serial
> communications using a UART? I don't mind having to do bit balancing,
> that's not a problem.

I'm not sure.  I just picked them up from the UPS depot and I'll hook them
up to a scope.  For right now I've got to just turn it on and
off... simple switching.  Once that's done, I'll try to hook it up to my
two zorin HC11 boards and bypass the RS-232 converter... I'll see if I've
got some time this weekend to try it out.

BTW, some guys downstairs are working on little radios for serial and
non-serial communications for an engineering project course I'm going to
TA this semester.  It should be ready in the next two weeks ... I'll let
you all know if the plans become available.

-James