[DPRG] Small Gears

Subject: [DPRG] Small Gears
From: Rob Weis rob_weis at yahoo.com
Date: Sun Jun 18 14:36:46 CDT 2000

 I have had good luck with servolink.  They sell gears made from Delrin and are relatively cheap.  Their gears are about $1 a piece and they have a minimum order of $30.  Their web site is http://www.servolink.com

  "Robert L. Jordan" <rljordan at airmail.net> wrote:
Friends,

I'm working on an idea for which I need lots of gears all the same size, say 15 to start.
Could you offer advice where to find some at a good price?

They would work best if they were about 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch in diameter,
were reasonably thick, and had an easy hole diameter to match, like
1/8, 3/8, or 1/4 inch. Non-metal is best.

My searching reveals expensive gears at Hobby stores or in the Small Parts
catalogs. Surplus has few and none this size.

Thanks for the assistance.
Robert L. Jordan
DPRG Sec.
www.robotfun.com