[DPRG] Muscle Wire robot

Subject: [DPRG] Muscle Wire robot
From: Sluggy slugmusk at home.com
Date: Fri Jun 30 12:06:16 CDT 2000

"McQuay, Michael" wrote:

> Check out the "BiRoD" robot in this article.  It's the first time I've seen
> a robot that actually uses those little actuators that contain muscle wire.

Very interesting, though I am more interested in the power system. I
wish there were more details on it...

Sluggy!

--

------

 "You want to compare brainpans. I won the Westinghouse prize
  when I was 12, big deal. Published at 19, so what. I got a
  double doctorate from MIT at 22, Chemistry and Geology. I
  taught at Princeton for two and a half years. Why do I do
  this? Because the money's good, the scenery changes and
  they let me use explosives."

					Rockhound