[DPRG] DPRG monthly meeting agenda

Subject: [DPRG] DPRG monthly meeting agenda
From: David P. Anderson dpa at io.isem.smu.edu
Date: Mon May 8 18:24:24 CDT 2000

Howdy DPRG

I was unfortunately not able to attend the Sat May 6 2000 DPRG meeting
at BPI.

> ctimmons at cadence.com wrote:
>
>      Show and Tell:
>
> Bring your robot in progress and share it with the group
>

> Contest Discussion

> Ideas for flooring material better than carpet
> Any scoring/rules refinement
> Increasing participation
> Future contests
>
> Calibrating dead reckoning robots
>
> Clay Timmons will run his robot in a square pattern
> to test its dead reckoning accuracy.   This is part
> of a test/calibration procedure called UMBmark.
> For more info
>
> http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~johannb
>
> download full report at (link on above page is incorrect)
> ftp://ftp.eecs.umich.edu/people/johannb/umbmark.pdf

Did this all happen?  I'm particularly interested in the flooring
material discussion.  Also curious if Clay ran the UMBmark and
with what results.  I've run this same pattern and have collected some
statistics for a slightly modified version (10x5 rather than 10x10, which
fits in the space in my garage) for two of our robots: SR04 and LegoBot.

dpa