[DPRG] tutebot brain breadboard layout question

Subject: [DPRG] tutebot brain breadboard layout question
From: Dan Miner miner at centtech.com
Date: Sat May 13 09:13:25 CDT 2000

I don't know if any of these will work but try these experiments.

1) Remove D1 (replace with a wire).

2) (I think this is the problem) your 2 bumper switches are
  wired into the wrong place in the circuit.  The N.O. contact
  needs to connect to one side of R3 or R7.  Connect the N.O.
  contacts to the common point between R7/C2 and R3/C1.

3) After you get it reversing, R1/R2 and R5/R6 will control how
  long it will reverse for.  If you leave these out, it will reverse for
  a VERY long time.  You will need R1/R2 and R5/R6 installed
  after you get it to reverse.

FYI - It looks like you have the second edition of the book.
I have the first edition and the schematic is different.
Basically the same thing, just drawn different.

				- Dan Miner