[DPRG] can i hack the shaft enocoder in a mouse?

Subject: [DPRG] can i hack the shaft enocoder in a mouse?
From: Mike Mccarty Sr jmccarty at ssd.usa.alcatel.com
Date: Tue May 16 15:35:39 CDT 2000

I don't imagine the *chip* could be hacked. It's a special which sends
packets down a serial line. But the *wheels* could be hacked ok.

If you want to communicate with the chip itself, then the protocol is
documented in several places. It is one-way, and sends either two or
three bytes of information.

Mike
----