[DPRG] Re: Note to BS1 Stamp users

Subject: [DPRG] Re: Note to BS1 Stamp users
From: Dean Hall ra9483 at email.sps.mot.com
Date: Tue May 16 14:47:28 CDT 2000

> If you are running BS1 Stamps but need more speed, contact Scott Edwards
> (see above) and order the Counterfeit Stamp with 4x option. This gets you
> the equivalent of a BS1 (kit form) that allows you to install a 16 MHz
> resonator for a 4x speedup. You still must program at 4 MHz, power down,
> then switch a jumper block to run at 16 MHz.

The Counterfeit is a handly little board.
I ordered the do-it-yourself kit so I could socket the PIC and the
RAM.
Once I graduated from Basic to PIC assembly,
I pulled out the 16C6x and put in a PIC16C84 (any 18-pin PIC will work
too).
The board provides access to all 8 PortB pins,
and some Port A pins.  The Port A pins that aren't available
are the ones used to connect to the serial RAM.
(so the board has some RAM available)

very good for small projects.

!!Dean

--
Dean Hall Motorola SPS   Engineering Rotation Program
Dean.Hall at motorola.com   512-895-3591 1386850 at skytel.com