[DPRG] Mondo-tronics Mini Dual H-Bridge Driver Kit

Subject: [DPRG] Mondo-tronics Mini Dual H-Bridge Driver Kit
From: Ralph Tenny rten at metronet.com
Date: Sun May 21 22:17:21 CDT 2000

Some of you have seen this board; I had it at a recent RPL.

Like other Mondo-tronics kits, the parts and materials were all top
quality. The parts layout is compact, resulting in a module approximately
one inch square.

There I must stop. Except for the layout pads for the sixteen transistors,
every single component mounting hole was oversized; not just a little -- a
lot oversized.

Even though the transistors are packed in like sardines, the mounting
pattern chosen was so cramped that the mounting holes were mere tiny
rings, almost impossible to solder. There is more than enough room to have
used a larger mounting pattern having pads large enough to solder. I'll
have another report after testing the board, but the circuit is
well-proven and should pose no problems.