[DPRG] Fwd: Mondo-tronics Mini Dual H-Bridge Driver Kit (fwd)

Subject: [DPRG] Fwd: Mondo-tronics Mini Dual H-Bridge Driver Kit (fwd)
From: Ralph Tenny rten at metronet.com
Date: Mon May 22 16:45:22 CDT 2000

Instand feedback!
Ralph

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 13:58:53 -0700
>From: Roger Gilbertson <roger at mondo.com>
To: Ralph Tenny <rten at metronet.com>
Cc: edscargot at yahoo.com
Subject: Fwd: Mondo-tronics Mini Dual H-Bridge Driver Kit

Hi Ralph

Thanks for your note.

I agree about the solder pads. We're upgrading the board for the next
run. In addition to larger soldering pads, we're adding some mounting
holes and a header for attaching to the motors. The board may end up
slightly larger as a result, but we're designing it so any unwanted
board area can be cut off by the user, should they need.

Your comments and input are always welcome! Actual users are our best
source of improvements on all our products, and we're eager to hear
>from you!

Keep me posted.

Sincerely,

Roger G Gilbertson

PS. I'll look for the data sheets for those IR emitter & detectors!

>Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 22:17:21 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Ralph Tenny <rten at metronet.com>
>To: dprglist at dprg.org
>Cc: info at mondo.com
>Subject: Mondo-tronics Mini Dual H-Bridge Driver Kit
>
>Some of you have seen this board; I had it at a recent RPL.
>
>Like other Mondo-tronics kits, the parts and materials were all top
>quality. The parts layout is compact, resulting in a module approximately
>one inch square.
>
>There I must stop. Except for the layout pads for the sixteen transistors,
>every single component mounting hole was oversized; not just a little -- a
>lot oversized.
>
>Even though the transistors are packed in like sardines, the mounting
>pattern chosen was so cramped that the mounting holes were mere tiny
>rings, almost impossible to solder. There is more than enough room to have
>used a larger mounting pattern having pads large enough to solder. I'll
>have another report after testing the board, but the circuit is
>well-proven and should pose no problems.

....//\\//\\//\\     Mondo-tronics, Inc.       Phone: 415-491-4600
/////  //  //  ///// PMB-N, 4286 Redwood Hwy     Fax: 415-491-4696
....\\//\\//\\//     San Rafael, CA 94903      Email: info at mondo.com
.....\/  \/  \/       USA                  http://www.robotstore.com
                       TOLL FREE Order Line 8 AM - 6 PM: 800-374-5764