[DPRG] More efficient voltage regulator?

Subject: [DPRG] More efficient voltage regulator?
From: McQuay, Michael Michael.McQuay at wilcom.com
Date: Wed May 24 17:03:19 CDT 2000

	I'm currently building a Homebrew BS2.  The Homebrew BS2 kit didn't
come with it's own 5v regulator.  I'm using a 7805 regulator for now, but
I've heard this style of regulator is not very efficient.  Power being of
critical interest in robotic applications, I would like come up with the
most efficient 5v regulator that I can.  What are my options?  Is there a
custom circuit I can build?  Or a more efficient regulator package than the
7805?

Any ideas?